The game engine for everyone’s favorite 1993 game is open source. Most of its “assets” including textures, sounds, and game levels are copyrighted and not legal to redistribute.
The Freedoom project offers an alternative set of assets and game levels that are open source.
This app is compatible with many “WADs” (game levels) in the idgames archive.
This app is a fork of nvllsvm’s GZDoom-Android port
Most custom wads can be played by:
1. place them under Freedoom/config/wads
2. Select the desired wad from the main screen by pressing “Addons”, “WADS”, then your desired wad
3. press “OK”, then select the main game resource file to use (usually freedoom2.wad)
4. press “Launch”
5. start a “new game” as usual, but you will go to custom level instead of the normal first level of the game
6. (alternate) some levels replace other maps than the first one in the game and may require use of a warp command or special launch argument to get to it
Full game mods should be placed in Freedoom/config/mods
This project is not affiliated with Id Software or parent companies, Bethesda, or any relevant publishing companies.
Installation guide for a popular mod (Brutal):
Support for Android TV